Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Korean BBQ ribs make my life

 This is my absolute favourite food at sushi buffet places (and formerly the only reason I used to go to sushi places, until I learned to like sushi), so when I went to the new Korean supermarket and found marinating sauce on sale, I knew I had to try this! I got the ribs there too, but I'm pretty sure you can get them at other supermarkets. I think the first time I bought them, Loblaws in a Korean neighbourhood was having a sale and they were gone so fast! Anyway I just marinated them in the premade sauce (I'm definitely not pro enough to make my own version) for an hour ish and then fried them. Too bad I was sick so I couldn't smell it, but they tasted wonderful. 


Also I finally figured out a good vegetarian stirfry. The yellow soft noodles keep going moldy on me! So I'm gonna stick to the dry noodles that you boil and fry. So this has bok choy, mushrooms, orange peppers, carrots, tofu, and a gluten thing. Unfortunately all those ingredients mean I now have enough to feed a small family or myself for the next 4 meals.... but what's new?



 

The last thing I made this week was oreo cheesecake cupcakes from the cupcake book I bought over the break. (I'm super excited about cupcakes now!) Chopping up oreo cookies is surprisingly cathartic. I really like the oreo cookie at the bottom touch. I think they turned out a bit cheesy though (it asked for a pound of cream cheese and I had 2 250 g packs, so close enough right?) I think next time I'll add some more sugar or something to balance out the cheese. But overall a good baking time was had! Next time - raspberry cheesecake cookies and/or mocha ones!




1 comment: