Monday, October 4, 2010

Pancakes by design and last minute salmon pasta

This actually happened yesterday, but there was too much to post in one. So yesterday my roommate and I decided to make pancakes for breakfast! We had no chocolate chips, so we separated some of the batter, added cocoa powder, and made designs! We're not cakemasters (name of TLC show anyone?) or anything, but we tried. We'll perfect it!

Banana swirl! 


                                          



 

Bullseye/concentric circles 








Square checkered pancake 
(we'll work on this one...)




and.. 




Smiley!


When dinnertime rolled around, I frustratingly had to throw out Thursday's congee because it had a weird smell, possibly from the bok choy sitting in it too long. I also threw out fried tofu and this vegetable whose English name I don't know that I bought in August. Quick solution when there are no vegetables left? Pasta! 
So here's my attempt at salmon pasta. 

Penne (the box tells me it's smart) 
Salmon defrosted and baked 
Alfredo sauce (also stolen from roommate) 
Dill chip dip (really need to get some dill)
Milk (should have added more, sauce was kind of thick)
Frozen vegetables

This was somehow even better when I reheated it for lunch today =)

No comments:

Post a Comment