Sunday, October 24, 2010

Salmon to the rescue!

Thanks to some rather fun activities this weekend, I proudly woke up at 1 this afternoon when my mom called me (and I tried my best to fake having been awake for hours). So I went to defrost a chicken around 3 (thinking there's no way its gonna defrost in time for dinner), then realized that we're cooking together tomorrow night (stay tuned for INDIAN night!!). So there wasn't a point in making an entire chicke...back up plan? Salmon!! I have to say, sometimes my parents can get to me, but when I remember they do things like buy 2 for 1 salmon and then cut up and individually package it so it's easy for me to cook, I remember how much love they have. So I defrosted a piece and made salmon with a mayonnaise/mustard/spice mix on top, some brocolli and the remainder of the cheesy bread sticks from Friday, and voila! A decievingly balanced meal... to contrast the 4 pizza meals I've had in the last 2 days. Anyway, I don't think the picture does it justice, but it was delicioiusssss. 

No comments:

Post a Comment