Thursday, October 7, 2010

The test of patience

Ahh okay I'm getting lazy with posting and cooking. Last night I just gave up all together and went to a free-food event for dinner. Tonight we're getting together to make sushi.... so excited! 

I think the reason I got lazy is because of the meal I made two nights ago - the ribs that took FOREVER. To be fair though, I woke up at 7 (pm) and still decided it was a good idea to make ribs, and decided to skip the boiling step (which my mom does, but people say makes the ribs less tasty?). I decided to broil them instead, as recommended by some rib site, which took... a little longer than I expected. I added potatoes, and a bunch of other stuff, and did half of them in a premade bbq sauce and half in one that I tried to make from ketchup, honey and mustard (kind of the only ingredients I had...). I don't think it mattered though, because everything kind of mixed together in the water/sauce. 


Anyway, they were pretty good/edible (that's really all I ask for), but unfortunately I didn't eat them til 11 when I was bordering on hunger insanity. But I loooooooove ribs so it was still worth it =). So here's my final product...check out how much the wheatgrass thing has grown!! And as usual, here's what I put on the ribs. 

Ribs (duh) 
Water/chicken broth (to broil)
Garlic (still stolen)
Onion 
Potatoes (red and white, 4 weeks old and still good somehow...)
Salt, pepper, spices
Legitimately made prepackaged BBQ sauce
My shot-in-the-dark BBQ sauce of ketchup, mustard and honey

No comments:

Post a Comment